The Berean School of Ministry runs from September 13th, 2020 to May 31st, 2021. This will be much more than just a Bible school. It will be a presence based, hands on environment where you will be trained to do the work of the ministry in wisdom and in the power of the Spirit. The final day to apply is Sunday, September 6th, 2020.
According to the apostle Paul in Ephesians 4:11-12, the fivefold ministry gifts (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers) are to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. Every Christians should be involved in some type of ministry but many don’t know what to do or how to do it. The goal of the school is to equip YOU to do all that God has called you to in a Biblical, Spirit filled environment.
What makes us unique:
- Balanced Biblical instruction from proven ministers and highly regarded guest speakers.
- Powerful times of worship and prayer.
- Ministry activation so that each student learns by both hearing and doing.
- Small group dynamics during the school sessions to connect, grow and receive ministry.
- Times of required local outreach once monthly so that each student serves others and puts into practice the things they are learning in class.
- We expect the students to be active in a local church.
- That includes both regular attendance and service in their local body. Bible school is NOT a substitute for regularly connecting with a local body of believers.
- Participation in times of worship and prayer, various ministry activations and monthly outreach is expected.
- This will all take place during our Sunday evening school hours. (Outreach may occasionally be moved to another day of the week to reach out to our communities during specific events.)
- Teachableness is a must.
- We want to help you develop and grow in the spiritual gifts and in ministry to others. We need you to allow the leadership team to speak into your life so you can reach your full potential.
- Homework will be given.
- We won’t be giving a lot of homework but there will be some things that are expected outside of class. There will be some reading and some online classes that will be necessary. Our heart, however, is not just to raise up students with Biblical knowledge but revivalists that make a real difference for Jesus Christ in the respective worlds.
Berean Church // 300 Rockfield Circle // Pittsburgh, PA 15243
412.220.HOPE (4673) // BSOM@bereanfellowship.org
School days & times:
- Sundays from 6 to 9 PM
- From September 2020 through May 2021
- See the Academic Calendar for specifics
Pastors Mark and Stephanie Moder will facilitate the sessions. (Pastor Mark is the school Director.) With 35 years of active ministry and 10 years of leading Bible schools, they are well equipped to lead you into successful and fruitful ministry.
We will be featuring some of the material from Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding, CA. (We will be showing one of their school lessons each week.) Bethel has one of the fastest growing Bible schools in the world with over 2500 students. Their success in developing effective Christian leaders who reach out to their communities with the love and power of Christ is unmatched.
We will be adding some of our own material weekly from several decades of ministry experience. We will also have occasional guest speakers who will minister in the school such as Lee Grady, Joseph Morris, Bob and Gail Buse, Ken Gott, Bob Yandian, etc.
Anyone 16 years of age or older can apply to come to the school.
We will cover fourteen kingdom values in the school. You will discover your identity in Christ. You will learn about the principle of honor and how to walk that out in life and ministry. You will be instructed on how to do the works of Jesus in your daily life. And you will be released to minister the goodness and love of God to others. As a student, we know that you will experience God’s glory afresh and learn how to minister to others in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.