MISSION STATEMENT: who you are, what you do, who you do it for
Berean’s Mission Statement: UP, IN & OUT
Passionately reaching UP to God, daily reaching IN to renew,
effectively reaching OUT to transform.
VISION STATEMENT: what we want to become
Berean’s Vision Statement: HEAD, HELP & HEART
In all things Christ is Head, the Word and Spirit our constant help, reaching others our very heart.
Our Tenets of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22).
- We believe that the reality of Satan and his present control over unregenerate man does exist (Ephesians 2:1-4; 6:11-13).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 2:21-24).
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, a spiritual rebirth through confession and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is absolutely essential (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7).
- We believe in the reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10; Hebrews 9:22).
- We believe that the full consummation of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance, and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service (Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:8; 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:2, 6).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:24, 28-29).
- We believe that deliverance from sickness has been provided in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers (Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:18; 1 Peter 2:24)
- We believe in the present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit, who has bestowed spiritual gifts in and among believers since the day of Pentecost and will continue until our Lord’s return (1 Corinthians 12:7-11, 28).
- We believe in the imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13).
Our Tenfold Purpose
1. To help each person find God's purpose for their life.
Acts 2:38-48 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.. "
2. To support missionary work both home and abroad.
3. To preach God's Word from the Bible.
Vs. 42a "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine..."
4. To provide Christian fellowship.
Vs. 42b "...and fellowship, in the breaking of bread..."
5. To provide a place to pray.
Vs. 42c "...and in prayers."
6. To create an atmosphere for healings and miracles to occur.
Vs. 43 "Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles."
7. To cooperate with believers who share a common purpose.
Vs. 44a "Now all who believed were together."
8. To minister to the poor.
Vs. 44b, 45 "...and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need."
9. To be a place of genuine praise and worship.
Vs. 47a "praising God..."
10. To be a place where hurting people find encouragement, and restoration.
Vs. 47b "...and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved."